“Do I really need any more products?” I asked
“No” I answered.
So far I didn’t like how this conversation (with myself) was going.
That’s when I realized that my subscription box purchases are not about needing products. Buying these boxes give me so many benefits:
- Excitement and anticipation for a surprise that will arrive at my door
- Discovery of new products – most of which are eco-friendly and/or good for me – I am replacing products that weren’t sustainable – this is a great long term benefit
- I support small business that in most cases are women-owned or BIPOC-owned. This is huge small businesses need us more than ever. Especially women and minority owned
- Many of the subscription box companies give back, so my order directly helps a cause
- Me time – self-care and pampering is so important – using the products from my boxes encourages me to make time for this
- Right now, I am only buying Canadian boxes – and most of them are using products from Canadian vendors – so I am supporting Canadian businesses
- I donate all products that I don’t like or can’t use – so women who are either refugees or escaping domestic violence get to enjoy some self-care at a much-needed time in their life
- I’ve gotten to know some amazing people at the box companies
I don’t really need to justify my purchases, although a full shelf of products was trying to convince me to use some before I buy more. It really was nice to stop and consider all of the benefits I get from these boxes. Please note, nothing goes to waste. I make sure that I use everything up or pass it on to a friend or family member if I don’t think I can finish it.
Do you buy all the boxes you want? What are the benefits you get from these boxes?
Jenn is a marketer with extensive experience in B2B, B2C and subscription models. Co-founding BoxSpoilers brings Jenn back to her entrepreneurial roots. This is just the beginning – she has some big plans for Box Spoilers.