It’s that time of year again. Spring cleaning! As the weather starts to get nicer, it’s natural to feel the urge to freshen everything up. We don’t want you to forget your beauty routine! It’s not just your appliances and gadgets that need a little spruce up.
To make it a little easier we have broken it down into 6 steps to help you.
- Take out all of the products that you are using and the ones you have tucked away, waiting to use. I have a box of unopened products ready to be added into rotation!
- Check the expiry dates. They usually have a symbol that tells you how long you can use the products for. It will say 3m, 6m, 12m etc. One tip that I’ve found helpful is to write the date you first use the product on the bottle/jar. That way you will know when the 3, 6, 12 months are up.
- When tackling your unopened stash, be ruthless. If you have 5 moisturizers it might be time to get rid of some. Make a donation/ gifting pile of products you don’t think you will be able to get to in a reasonable amount of time.
- Clean your skincare and makeup storage! This would be a good time to get out your cleaning products and spring clean your cabinets.
- Now it’s time to put away your unopened products. You can take an extra step here and make a list of everything you have in each category. This way you can check the next time you want to buy something – you can refer to the list and see “I already have it, maybe I don’t need it”, or “I only have 2 and I use masks all the time so I should get it.” This step is not for everybody, but if you like to be organized and stay on top of things you may find this useful.
- Now it’s time to organize the products that you are currently using daily. Has your current organization of your daily products been working for you? Is it time to change things up and move things around? Once or twice a year I like to look at the organization in my bathroom and figure out what is working for me and what could be better. Personally, I find putting my products in the order that I use them helpful. That way I am less likely to miss a step.
One thing I forgot to mention… Have fun! Turn on some music and do a little dance while you are working. If you are feeling overwhelmed take a short break, but make sure you come back to it.
Whether you are a subscription junkie or novice, spring cleaning your beauty product stash is a good idea, if only to just check for expired products.
Amy is an Educational Assistant by day and Box Spoilers Co-founder, Head of Customer Service and Lead Researcher by night & weekend. Box Spoilers was borne of her passion for subscription boxes combined with her interest in building a business.